Business Development Executive
Open Date: N/A
Close Date: 11 January 2024
Location: The Roslin Institute Edinburgh
External link: Learn More
Salary £46,089 - £55,897
Edinburgh Innovations (EI)
Full time, 35 Hours per week
1 position available
Edinburgh Innovations seek to appoint a Business Development Executive to join our College Business Development team working specifically with The Roslin Institute on the Easter Bush Campus. The role offers the opportunity to enable translation to end-users of the exciting and world-leading research within The Roslin Institute, through engagement, collaborations and partnerships with relevant commercial partners. Commercial sector knowledge or a strong interest in the fields of life sciences, animal biosciences, AgriTech, and global food sustainability and security are desirable.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Educated to postgraduate level in a relevant scientific area
- Business Development and commercial experience
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to manage projects and deliver commercial end points
- Knowledge and experience of intellectual property protection and exploitation
- Experienced in reviewing / negotiating contracts and managing projects to deliver commercial and translational end points
- Demonstrable account and client relationship management experience, including working with partners to jointly deliver customer services
- Demonstration of ability to successfully and efficiently communicate, network and build strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, incl. with academia.
- Demonstration of ability to work independently using own initiative, applying a flexible and pragmatic approach to work delivery and meeting client needs.
- A proactive ‘can do’ attitude striving on delivering professional and good customer service
As a valued member of our team, you will benefit from:
- An exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work
- A competitive reward package with annual bonus reviews based on performance
- A generous 40 days of combined annual leave and public holidays entitlement
- A competitive work package including defined contribution pension scheme (currently 4.5% employee and 14.5% employer contribution rates), family friendly initiatives, flexible working and much more
- Support to nurture your talent and reward success
To apply, please ensure you include a CV AND a tailored supporting statement in your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note this opportunity sits within and delivers as part of Edinburgh Innovations’ CMVM Business Development Team.
Please contact Dr Alice Barrier for informal enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Roslin Institute position.
A copy of the full job description can be found via the link below
If invited for interview you will be required to evidence your right to work in the UK. Further information is available on our right to work webpages
Key dates to note
The closing date for applications is 11 January 2024
Unless stated otherwise the closing time for applications is 11:59 pm GMT. If you are applying outside the UK the closing time on our adverts automatically adjusts to your browser's local time zone.
Interviews will be held week commencing 29 January